Culinary Sagacity

~Thought for Food~

The Cathayans believed that the soul or mind is located not in the head but in the stomach.

Doubtless this explains why they fret so much about the preparation and serving of food.

It may also explain why their memories are so much better than ours.

Information is stored not in the finite head, but in the expandable stomach.

--Cyrus Spitama in Gore Vidal's Creation



Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of New York


Can I just say how stuffed I am? After sampling everything from Wagu Burgers to Oysters to Sushi to Cakes and Gelato, I could barely make it out of the Javits Convention Center on my own two feet. Although the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of New York is an industry event designed to showcase wholesale items for industry buyers, there was no shortage of vendors accessible to those of us who shop for our home kitchens.

Having spent two glorious days wandering the visually stunning isles of sweet and savory samples, grabbing everything that wasn't clearly marked "For Display Only," I think I managed to down a taste of everything. The following are photos from some of the most impressive displays as well as some of my favorite brands. If you happened to miss the International Restaurant and Foodservice Show of New York this year, I hope these images will tempt you to come on out next year!

Gelati Flavors from Berzaci





Chocolates from Valrhona



Wagu Burgers! Only wished they were bigger!



The Japanese Food Festival of NYC







Real Kobe Beef from Japan! It's so marbled it looks like Toro!




Other Delectables









I hope you enjoyed the photos... now wipe the drool off your keyboard!
.
Regina Varolli

No comments:

Post a Comment